sell your gear
Want to Sell Your Used Sports Equipment?
We want your Sports Gear! Bring it in and get cash on the spot! Government issued ID is required. Continue reading for more buying details and acceptable items.
Want to Donate Your Used Sports Gear?
Starting October 1st, 2022, Sports Junkies will be joining forces with Nature Trust of BC. We will be looking for people who would like to donate all their gear or maybe just one of the items they were thinking of selling instead of taking cash. Once the gear is donated, it will be marked and put on the floor with a special yellow tag. When that items sells, 50% of the proceeds go to Nature Trust to help in their quest to protect the natural riches of BC.
Buying Desk hours
Monday to Friday: 11am – 6pm | Saturday and Sunday: 10am – 5:30pm
Unfortunately we aren't able to buy anything after 6pm. We will not make exceptions for anyone, so be sure to get your gear in before six.
The prices we offer when you sell your used sports equipment fluctuates according to our inventory needs and current stock situation. In other words, come with the understanding that we MIGHT buy your gear or we MIGHT NOT given current inventory levels.
Price estimates over the phone, or via email CAN’T be given under any circumstance. Items must be brought into the store for an estimate at our buying counter located upstairs, or through our loading bay entrance when bringing in a bicycle.
Click on any item below to find out more about selling that particular article. Sports Junkies buys all types of used sports and outdoor gear, including:
- Ski Gear: Due to the season being slow, we are going to be a bit more particular about what we buy.
- Snowboard Gear
- Bikes: We currently have a lot of used bikes. Give use a call before coming in to see if we are able to purchase your bike.
- Camping Gear
- Golf Clubs
- Hockey Equipment: Hockey sales have been slow, due to this we don't need all sizes of hockey gear. Give us a call at 604 879 6000 before bringing your gear in.
- Outerwear : We currently have a lot of used women's and kids outerwear. Due to this we will be more particular about the winter clothing we buy. It's best to give us a call at 604 879 6000 before coming in.
- Athletic Footwear and Hiking Boots: At the moment we will only be accepting shoes and hikers in excellent condition.
- Tennis Racquets
- Baseball Gear
- And so much more….
Be sure to read over our buying policy and buying conditions before you bring your used gear to us. Once you’ve done that, it’s as simple as bringing your sporting goods into the buying desk to see if we are interested in what you are selling.
Government issued photo ID is required: Passport, BCID, Canadian Driver’s license, etc. ID cannot be expired, temporary licenses and/or photocopied licenses are void, absolutely no exceptions. You must be 18 or older in order to sell your used gear.
If you are from another country and do not have a valid Canadian drivers licenses or BCID, you must bring in your passport. We will not accept drivers licenses from other countries.
When purchasing we look for the following:
- Equipment in full working order, no missing pieces, and moving parts must be operational.
- Washed, stain and tear free clothing. Zippered items must be fully functioning.
- We prefer recognized brands and higher quality goods.
NOTE: Sports Junkies reserves the right to refuse items at anytime.